Having never forked out so much as a dime for gym membership, I’m a bit of an exercise dvd junkie. This makes it difficult not to have a Jillian Michaels dvd in my arsenal.
Ripped in 30 is one of several Jillian Michaels dvds that I’ve tried over a number of years. This dvd is a mix of floor aerobics and resistance (toning) and has 4 workouts ranging in difficulty from week 1 (the easiest) to week 4 (the hardest) and uses Jillian’s 3-2-1 system – 3 minutes of toning, 2 minutes of aerobics and 1 minute of abs toning in each segment. The idea is to get totally toned and in shape in 30 days.
The literature says each workout is 24 minutes, why I can’t say because the shortest one is 31 minutes and the longest is about 35 minutes. Jillian has two demonstrators- one doing the advanced version and the other doing the modified version. It’s obvious that even the ladies doing the modified version are very fit and they have really good form. This is important because form is very important and it’s good to learn the proper alignment even as a beginner. Doing the modified version doesn’t mean you have to be sloppy.
That’s what makes this dvd great for almost anyone because you can modify a lot of the moves or you can go advanced. Some of the cardio moves are very high impact. To work around this you could do some of them on a mini trampoline or you can do an alternative lower impact move from one of the other cardio segments.
You will need 2 sets of dumbbells, one heavy and one light and a mat.
If you exercise with young children around Jillian’s language may be a bit strong for you (e.g. “bad ass”). If you have a short attention span (like me) you may not want to do the same workout every day especially if you decide you want to do week 1 for 2 weeks for example. You can always rotate through all 4 workouts on different days and do the modified versions if you’re not up to the advanced ones.
Pros of Ripped in 30
- Workouts are just over 30 minutes so easy to squeeze into your day
- Lots of compound moves involving upper and lower body which makes good use of your time
- 4 workouts for a reasonable price so good value for money
- Modifications for beginners and less advanced exercisers
- Doesn’t need much equipment
- Meal plan
Cons of Ripped in 30
- Aerobic segments can be high impact, no low impact modifications available for some exercises.
- Watch out for Jillian’s language if that kind of thing bothers you.
- Meal plan may not work for some.
You might not get totally ripped in 30 days but if you commit yourself you will see some changes in your body.
Summary of Ripped in 30
Level: Intermediate/advanced (with beginner modifications)
Aerobic impact: High
Toning Emphasis: Total Body
People are searching for:
- jillian michaels ripped in 30 reviews
- jillian michaels menopause
- 30 day shred reviews menopause
- middle age fitness dvds 2012
- mini trampoline for muscle tone menopausal
- jillian michaels dvd band
- flabby to toned
- jillian michaels toning dvd
- perimenopause jillian michaels
- perimenopause weight jillian