Have you ever wished you could turn back the clock? Well you can in one way at least. New research from the Physiology Society in London suggests that lifting weights may give you the muscles of someone in their twenties which will increase your metabolism and help you to burn fat.
As you get older. you tend to lose muscle. When sedentary adults over 45years old lifted weights 3 times a week blood flow to their muscles increased and they became as strong as lifters decades younger. It is possible that blood flow to the muscles decreases as you age so they repair themselves and rebuild more slowly.
Don’t overdo it though. Lifting weights more than 3 times a week doesn’t give the muscle enough time to regenerate and repair itself so you will be more prone to overuse injuries and muscle strain.
People are searching for:
- woman lifting weight strength training
- weight lifting and menopause
- weightlifting make you younger
- weightlifting after menapause
- weight lifting and premenopause
- weight lifting and perimenopause
- Weight lifting and menapause
- weight liffting makes you young
- post menopause weight lifting exercises
- perimenopause and weightlifting