Treatment of the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome by dint of Glucophage Generic. The Trade Name: Metformin
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is the most mysterious and difficult of all the problems, the gynecologist-endocrinologist deals with during his practice. First and foremost, because the polycystic ovaries are not the disease, it is the syndrome. In other words, it is a complex of the various abnormalities and even the diseases: from the ovarian dysfunction to the diabetes and uterine cancer. And all these abnormalities and diseases have the same patient.
Also there may be infertility, habitual non-carrying of pregnancy, obesity, acne and overgrowth according to virilizing type in the case of polycystic ovaries.
Because the polycystic ovaries’ symptoms are extremely different at the different patients, the gynecologist-endocrinologists have decided to consider only the main of them:
• Ovarian dysfunction (long menstrual cycle or delay of menstruation).
• Increased levels of the male hormones (androgens), overgrowth according to virilizing type, acne.
• Enlarged ovary with many cystic lesions on ultrasound.
So PCOS is manifested by the following symptoms:
– alopecia (loss of hair),
– reproductive disorders (irregular menstruation),
– anovulation, infertility,
– metabolic disorders (increase of weight).
These symptoms are related to hyperinsulinemia and insulin resistance directly. There can not be improvement of PCOS without normalization of insulin’s level. That is why the part of polycystic ovary syndrome’s treatment is using the preparations, which help to control the level of the reproductive hormones and the insulin’s level.
(brand name: Metformin) is the preparation for the treatment of diabetes, which for today is the latest treatment of PCOS. Metformin controls the level of insulin, the blood sugar and the male hormones. The preparation reduces the risk of diabetes and heart disease, helps to restore regular menstrual cycles and fertility.
If there is PCOS, there should be insulin resistance. In the case of insulin resistance, the ability of cells to respond to insulin’s and glucose’s diffusion into the cells is significantly reduced. Metformin improves the cell-mediated response to insulin and helps glucose to enter into a cell. As a result, the insulin’s level is reduced to normal.
According to the European and American physicians, Metformin’s administration normalizes menstrual cycle, repairs ovulation, reduces the symptoms of PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome, oophoritic cyst, sclerocystic disease of the ovary).
The cinical laboratory parameters of the effectiveness of PCOS’s treatment by dint of Metformin
The Clinical Effects
1. Improvement of the menstrual function, induction of the self-existing and initiate ovulation, increase of the impregnation’s frequency.
2. Reduction of the incidence’s frequency of the spontaneous abortions, reducing the frequency of the gestational diabetes, improving the pregnancy outcomes.
3. Reduction of the hirsuties, acne items, seborrhea adiposa and other symptoms of hyperandrogenism.
4. Loss of appetite, improvement of blood pressure.