Provera. What is the preparation?
Provera is the gestogen product.
Provera is used
– as the effective contraception, especially for women of late reproductive age and with endometriosis,
– as the solution for treatment primary and secondary amenorrhea,
– as the corrector of side-effects of the endometriosis, combined with estrogen therapy in menopausal women,
– as the solution to treat anovulatory metrorrhagia, premenstrual syndrome, vasomotor symptoms of menopause,
– remedy for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis postmenopausal period (in combination with estrogen therapy and Ca2)
Provera has complementary and palliative effect. The product is effective in the treatment of:
a) breast cancer (especially for hormone dependent women, recurrent women and women in the postmenopausal period),
b) endometrial cancer (including metastatic),
c) prostate cancer,
d) prostatic hypertrophy (some forms),
e) cancer cachexia in advanced tumors of different localization.
Provera. The Recommendations for Use
To treat endometriosis Provera should be taken per 10 mg 3 times a day for 90 days, starting from the first day of the menstrual cycle.
To treat primary and secondary amenorrhea Provera should be taken per 5-10 mg/day for 10 days.
To prevent endometrial hyperplasia during estrogen therapy in postmenopausal women – 5-10 mg/day for at least 10 days, starting from 16th day of 25-day course of treatment with estrogens.
Complementary and palliative treatment of recurrent and metastatic endometrial or renal cancer is 200-600 mg/day.
To prevents and treats osteoporosis in postmenopausal women – 1 mg/day from for 5-10 months
As the maintenance dose Provera should be taken per 500 mg/week.
Provera. The Feedbacks
I started to take this drug to prevent undesirable pregnancy, when I was 21 years old. Two year later I married and stopped to take Provera, because my husband and I dreamt about baby. In three months after I stopped to take medicine I got pregnant, I delivered a healthy boy. Now he is half a year. And I am going to be back to Provera.
Monica, 25 y.
I am 60 years old woman. The first Premarin treatment I had, when I was 46 years old. I am thrilled to date. I passed through all the troubles of menopause – the pressure, the hot flashes… I have kept my heart healthy. I look pretty young for my age. Now I regularly prevent my body by dint of this medicine. Now I feel great. I advise my friends not to menopause, and live a normal life.
Sara, 60 y.