Provera. What is the Medication?
Provera is the anti-hormonal drug from the group of the derivatives progesterone. The medication has antineoplastic action in the case of hormone-sensitive cancers. It is used as the additional or palliative treatment of the recurrent or metastatic cancer: breast cancer in postmenopausal women, endometrial cancer and kidney cancer.
This is description provides full review Provera
Provera. The Therapeutic Indications
- as contraceptive agent,
- non-ovulatory metrorragia,
- premenstrual syndrome,
- secondary amenorrhea,
- vasomotor symptoms in the period of menopause.
Also Provera is used as the additional or palliative treatment for the patients with recurrent or metastatic hormone-dependent cancers:
- breast cancer in postmenopausal women;
- endometrial cancer;
- kidney cancer.
Provera may also be used:
- prostate carcinoma;
- some forms of prostate adenoma;
- cancer cachexia, caused by the advanced tumors of different localization.
Provera. The Recommendations for Administration
The dosage is determined strictly individually and depends on such factors as the patient’s indications, stage of disease and treatment regimen.
– As the contraceptive agent: 150 mg every 3 months (deep intramuscular injection).
– Dysfunctional uterine bleeding: per os, 5-10 mg per day, duration of the treatment is 10 days.
– As the additional and palliative treatment of recurrent and metastatic endometrial cancer or kidhey cancer: per os, 200-600 mg/day.
Provera. The Advantages of the medication, when used as the contraceptive agent
the med’s administration is unnoticed, you can keep a secret;
no need to worry about contraception,
decrease intensity of the menstrual periods,
decrease of menstrual pain,
the med can be used by breastfeeding women,
the med can be used by women with high blood pressure and/or headaches.
Provera. The Feedbacks
I was administrating Provera for two years. There were no adverse experiences. Besides the contraception effect, I also got rid of the painful periods.
Julia, 26 y.
I was very responsible about planned pregnancy. Therefore, I decided to undergo all necessary medical tests and, above all, to be examined by gynecologist. The diagnostic results have been disappointing. I was diagnosed endometreosis. The gynecologist said that if do not stop the disease’s progression, I can become sterile. I was filled with despair! Provera literally saved me from this awful verdict!
Today I am a happy mom))).
Murray, 35 y.